You qualify if you have $5000 in a personal State Bank of the Lakes account OR real estate loan (home mortgage or home equity loan) with us.
With our Charter Checking Account™ you receive these exclusive benefits:
- FREE interest-bearing checking account with no minimum
opening deposit, no minimum monthly balance requirement and no
monthly service charge1.
- Your first box of State Bank of the Lakes logo checks is FREE
and subsequent reorders are available at a reduced cost (or
receive 50% off your first box of designer checks).
- Receive an extra .125% on our current fixed-rate certificates
of deposit APY 2
- FREE cashier's checks and money orders.
- NO ANNUAL FEE MasterCard debit card3
- Overdraft protection (subject to credit approval)
- $15 off our posted safe deposit box rental fee when you have
your payment automatically debited from your account
- FREE imaged checks with CheckManager Plus®
- FREE Online Banking and Telephone Banking Services
- FREE Bill Pay
- FREE Quicken and Microsoft Money download capabilities
1Fees, such as overdraft charges, and fees for special services may apply.
2The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is calculated on simple interest rates with interest
compounded and paid monthly and assumes interest remains on deposit until maturity.
Rates subject to change without notice. Substantial penalty may be charged for early
withdrawal. Penalty may reduce earnings. To obtain the APY, must open a CD with
minimum of $1,000. Excludes special offers.
3Foreign transaction fees may apply.
Charter Checking Account is an interest bearing account which uses the daily balance method to calculate interest. Interest will be compounded monthly and credited to your account monthly.
Accounts closed in person or by mail, will have all accrued interest greater than $1.00 paid at that time of closing. If the account is closed without notice to the bank, no interest will be paid for the period.